Sue Waters Blog

Confused about which site to use for your blog?

| 14 Comments

646678935_de5c16d967_m.jpgIf you have been struggling to decide which site you should use to host your blog I recommend you check out Edublogs. Edublogs has always been good, but since it turned 2 years old it became great!

How do I know?

Here some of the reasons for why I can say Edublogs is great:

• I have used other host blog hosts
  • I read lots of blogs (refer to my list of Blogs I read) – so I do get to see the good/bad features of each blog hosts
  • I also have several different types of web sites (e.g. podcast site, wiki site) – so am very experienced with dealing with hosting sites

What is great about Edublogs?

Choosing a host for your blog is hard – been there, done that. The great features of Edublogs definitely outweigh the fact that blogger is easier to use (and Edublogs now has support videos to help you).

Reasons why I think Edublogs is great include:

• Really good customer support – incredibly responsive to its customers. (If you are looking for a wiki host – this is one of the great features of wikispaces)
  • They host your blog for free – you pay nothing and they place no ads on your site
  • Search my blog feature is really good (use chocolate as a search term on my blog to test it – while you are at it join our Chocolate challenge)
  • Great range of blog templates with many plug-in options – now have over 80 blog themes you can choose from

Best new feature

I really like their “What are the hot topics in the edublogs universe?” This displays the tags their bloggers are using – if you click on a tag it takes you to all the posts that Edubloggers have written using that tag. Tags are important because they are the category(s) that you assign when writing a blog post. Tags makes it easier for your readers to find posts on particular topics.

This feature has dramatically increased the traffic to my blog, podcast site and wiki site.

I will definitely be spending time checking out the popular tags (the larger the word the more posts people are writing about that topic) to make sure I am optimising my tag use (e.g. the tag blogging is more popular than blog or Blogs which means it is better to use the category blogging when writing a post about blogs or blogging).

tag-cloud.jpg

Thanks James for the fantastic make over of your web site!

Readers, check out Edublogs new features.

Author: Sue Waters

Edublogs Support Manager @suewaters on Twitter

14 Comments

1. Pingback: » Confused about which site to use for your blog?

2. Pingback: incorporated subversion - education, media, community » Blog Archive » Which site to use for your education blog?

3. I also looked at several blogging hosts before I chose Edublogs for my personal blog about a year ago. To have more control over student blogs I installed WordPress MU on the schools ISP server. So now we have our on little edublog service.

4. I always recommend edublogs as well, so many features!

5. Pingback: Test blog » Blog Archive » Which site to use for your education blog?

6. Pingback: [BLOCKED BY STBV] Kim Smith

7. Hi Kim

Well sorry that you Googled for something totally different but I am glad to enjoyed reading my blog.

Sue

8. Pingback: How To Start A Blog

9. I am Very thank full the owner of this blog. Becouse of this blog is very imformative for me.. And I ask u some thiing You make more this type blog where we can get more knowledge. http://www.penisenlargementz.com

10. This comment only for the blog owner i just want to thanks this guy. becoz of i get lots of information form it.
    http://www.smart-herbals.com

11. I am Very thank full the owner of this blog. Becouse of this blog is very imformative for me.. And I ask u some thiing You make more this type blog where we can get more knowledge. http://www.penisenlargementz.com

12. edublogs are for students and teachers. Am i right? Please correct me if i am wrong. I would like to know more about edublogs. Thanks!